Warm Weather Conservation Advice
- Keep shades, blinds, curtains and drapes closed during the day to block out the sun.
- Clear furniture away from air conditioning vents.
- Install an attic fan - it can cool your attic by nearly 30 degrees!
- Plant shade trees due west of west windows. It could reduce your air conditioning bills by up to 25%!
- Cook on the outdoor grill to keep cooking heat outside the home.
- When cooking inside, use a microwave instead of a conventional oven. It uses less than half the power and cooks food in about one-fourth the time.
- Install reflective window coatings to reflect heat away from your home.